Spiga

Kettler Exercise Ball


Since I was staying in an apartment, I was looking for an exercise tool that can help me doing exercise. Actually, I just want a simple exercise on my stomach. Sit-up is the most simple, but sometimes I got lazy just doing a sit-up.

Before I tried some products like Abs-roller or anything similar like it, but in the end, I did not see the benefit because it is just the same like lying on our back and have your feet gripped/locked on something.

Last month, I tried to buy a kettler exercise ball. It only costed me $18. The diameter is 65 cm. Just enough for my size. It came with a pump so I don't need to blow it by myself.. hehehe. The problem is that I did not know until when I needed to stop pumping it. There is no guide or what so ever. So.. It just felling when to stop pumping it.

Trying for several days, I liked it so much because it is motivated me to do exercise. Nothing special actually with this exercise ball, but the feeling that you are not lying down on the floor while doing sit-ups made me motivated. Also, I was also trying push-up using this ball. I liked to do push up with this ball because I can adjust my weight when doing a push-up. If I wanted to start with small weight on my push-ups, I just need to roll the ball little bit on the middle of my body.. for example: just on my stomach. If I wanted to put more weights on my push-ups, I just roll the ball on my thigh area or knee. It is very flexible. The same technique I can do for sit-ups and other exercise.

Lastly, I liked to stretch myself on the ball as it can really help me during the morning. I am curious to search more on the internet other positions or exercise that use this ball. Unfortunately, the exercise guide that comes with the product is not informative enough. Some of the description and the picture are not understandable by me. Or it is just me.. hehehe. Anyway, I will try searching other exercise on the internet using this ball.

Here's another product to help you stretching:

5 comments:

Anonymous

August 13, 2007 at 6:46 AM

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.

Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Anonymous

November 20, 2007 at 11:23 AM

I wasn't very interested, until you described your various push-up techniques. I don't usually believe that any of the workout gadgets are necessary, but I think you have offered some simple yet effective techniques to use with a simple ball.

Thanks for the info. I will surely mention this one my site.

Anonymous

June 23, 2008 at 5:28 PM

I was just reading about testing done with those ab workout devices you see on infomercials. They're no more effective than just doing sit ups and crunches.

An exercise ball is much better. Increasing the range of motion really gets results fast.

Anonymous

January 6, 2010 at 2:30 AM

hey there.
"There is no guide or what so ever. So.. It just felling when to stop pumping it."
you don't need a guide, it's simple. you take 2 objects (for example 2 chairs), you put them 65cm apart and you inflate the ball until it touches both chairs

myra johnson

August 26, 2011 at 11:36 AM

you should also try using the kettler cross trainer to have an over all workout but I love how you were able to come up with some techniques using the ball.