Spiga

Nasi Goreng Special

Wow.... I miss nasi goreng (fried rice) all of the sudden. I used to buy nasi goreng from the walking vendor (abang-abang) that passes by in front of my house. If you notice it, it seems to be easy to make it. Just fry chopped garlic, onions and put rice with "kecap manis" (sweet soy sauce). But when I try to make it my own, the taste is very different. Well, maybe the seller puts more vetsin/msg/any flavoring... hehehe....

To make it special, nasi goreng is usually served with fried egg, and "emping" (cracker from melinjo seed).

Wikipedia defined nasi goreng as:

Nasi goreng is the Indonesian version of fried rice - that is what it means in Bahasa Indonesia. The dish is often accompanied by additional items such as a fried egg, fried chicken, satay, or krupuk (fried crackers / chips made of shrimp or vegetables). In many restaurants, when accompanied by a fried egg, it is sometimes called the nasi goreng special.


Below is the pic of nasi goreng that I liked :D ... hmmm.. looks yummy right?

0 comments: