Spiga

Bromo and Semeru Mountains

In celebration of Indonesia Visit 2008, I would like to share my journey before to Bromo and Semeru. It is one of my memorable experience if I might tell you honestly. I was really exhausted to do the trip but it paid off after looking the scenery there.

Bromo is located in East Java. If you travel by air, you need to land in Surabaya city and continue with land transportation to Ranu Pani Village. The village is small but full of facilities because it is well known for tourist spots in East Java. From the village, you can visit the view deck where you see the Bromo mountain with 2329 meter altitude and at the back of it, you can see the Semeru mountain with 3,676 meter altitude. Semeru mountain is the highest mountain in Java island.

If you want to take a closed look at Bromo and Semeru volcanoes, you need take a 4WD jeep to reach there. Make sure you consult first with the local government for the safe time to visit because Bromo and Semeru volcanoes are considered an active volcanoes. When traveling to approach Semeru (called as well as Mahameru), you would find interesting sites and scenery to enjoy. It was a good visit for me.

0 comments: